Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My school sux in the Netherlands!

This topic is 5381 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Yes indeed it sux big time as for to start doing something with games. I wonder if there are any Dutch guys around who studied in the Netherlands and got to some game dev''ing. And I ain''t talking web games. Anyways I''m considering to step of Mediatechnology and go to Media and knowledge technology at the TU Delft. Any comments on that?

Hi

I will keep this post in english so the others can read it too. I plan to do Informatiekunde, that is an education between information management and computer science. If you really want to do things in gamedevelopment you better go with Informatica. There are no really software engineering educations in the Netherlands I think. Informatica is available in the TU Delft

groetjes

Whitecrow

I''m currently doing ''informatiekunde'' in the KHK (Belgium).
And it''s really useless if you want to get into game programming.
The emphasis is on databases, networking and the internet.
Therefore I think it''s better to do math at university and learn to program on your own. (If you''re not that good at Math, I recommend electronics-ICT, so you dont have to waiste your time
on that stupid systems analysis,SQL and so on)

So media & kennistechnologie is not a bad choice I suppose since it covers programming as well as interaction design/ethics, AI programming and programming for specific OS''es (as cell phones,handhelds etc. ) which all apply to game dev''ing.

You don''t need any special GameDev''ing study around here. Just study something that gives you usefull skills in the business. I''m going for Kunstmatige Intelligentie. That gives me enough base in programming to get a good job (since I''m also learning on my own).

Then again, the way things look now I''ll have my job in the game programming bizz before I even start at university *grins*

In any case, veel geluk!