test my directx app?

Started by
20 comments, last by flipper76108 21 years ago
hi everybody. i've been having problems with some people running a simple DX8.1 3D app of mine and a co-worker suggested that this site might be a good place to get some others to try it out. if you're willing, i've set up a link at clicky it's not much but several people have said that the app runs but nothing gets displayed. there should be a "swimming" angelfish in the middle if things work correctly. i'd really appreciate it if some of you would be willing to give it a shot and then let me know if it works for you, and if so, what your system specs are. thanks. [edited by - flipper76108 on March 25, 2003 5:22:31 PM]
Advertisement
Works fine.
WinXP sp1
Athlon 1GHz
Gforce2MX

emptyhead
Watch out for advice from the successfull, they don''t want company
:wq!
Very nice.

WinXP, Athlon XP 2100+, Geforce 4 TI 4600.
Works perfectly here. Who were these testers? People who had 8.0 installed? I had that problem when I installed a game which refused to run and wouldn't tell me why, so I updated from 8.0 to 8.1 and it worked.

athlon 1.4ghz
geforce 4 440mx
win 98se

[edited by - themattgreen on March 25, 2003 5:35:51 PM]
Nice, it works perfectly for me.

DX 9.0.SDK (I think i got retail runtimes active)
Ran fine for me.

Windows XP Pro.
DirectX 9
Geforce2 ddr.
wow. thanks all! that was fast.

these testers are non-techs, to say the least. but they know how specific types of fish are supposed to behave, which is why i''m trying to get them to help me out.

their example of reporting an error is "it doesn''t work". and getting specs out of them is very hard since they barely know what OS they''re running.

i think i''ll just have to put in a logger to find out myself.
i''m back again with another request. we''ve added a 1.1 vertex shader for the fish movement and we''re curious about how well it does on other hardware. would you mind testing again and insert (using insert key) as many fish as you can until your fps just drops to 30 or below? it''s a DX8.1 app.

a count with the shader off (cap A key) would be great also. and you might want to turn "sleep" off (cap L key).

we''ve tested on the 2 graphics enabled pcs here and get:

1ghz/nvidia_geforce2go: shader off: 7 fish, shader on: 10 fish
2.4ghz/radeon_9700pro: shader off: 53 fish, shader on: 175 fish

you can download the zip file from the link here.

thanks.
The BoundingBox Option Crashed At My Computer.

.lick
Hi

With the shader of I get 46 fishes with 30fps

With the shader on I get 134 fishes with 30fps

Good Job!
~~~~~~I'll make you an offer you can't refuse...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement