Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[Visual Basic] Damn You! Help recovering source

This topic is 5375 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, I made some progress into the deep hell hole known as Visual Basic (6.0). Then, I accidentally created an infinite loop and ran the thing. VB is completely looked up, and IT DO NOT SAVE BEFORE EXECUTING! I''ve been spoilt with IDE''s that for obvious reasons save everything before anything can be compiled->executed, so I have not bothered to save for a (long) while. Is there any fucking way to break it, or are there any source recovery utilities, becouse it looks like I have to kill it.

quote:
Original post by Shag
Ctrl-Break ?
Aha! Never thought that that still worked nowadays. Thanks a million, and sorry for my folly; it''s late here.

quote:
Original post by krez
there is an option to save all source files before running, in case that doesn''t work next time...
Found it, checked it, feel secure

You might consider using Visual Source Safe (VSS) wich is included in the Visual Studio package.

VSS keeps track of all you source files including the history. This helps a lot when experimenting with the source code! (eg: If you messed up your project, you can still go back to the point you where weeks ago ..)

quote:
Original post by MrOzzy
You might consider using Visual Source Safe (VSS) wich is included in the Visual Studio package.
Yeah, I''ll look into it. I''ve found VB''s undo feature a bit screwy, so that may be good to use.