Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Changing Display Area on Monitor

This topic is 5375 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Repost: Is there a way to change/query the area of a physical screen that is rasterized? I''m having a problem with a specific monitor that whenever I change video modes the screen is offcentered horizontally, by ~70pixels to the left. This can be remedied by changing the horizontal offset of the monitor display area controls on the monitor, which makes me assume that it can also be changed by a program. I''ve been unable to find any documentation regarding this. All else failing, anybody how a monitor determines the area that is displayed by default? I''d assume if its not driver specific, it would be in a flash rom... and what would be the process for rewriting the flash rom? If this message is moved to another forum again, the program I am writing is using DirectX. It is not a bug with my program, as it also happens with other programs and via windows change screen settings.. I would preferably like to solve the solution via DirectX. Thanks alot.

quote:

It is not a bug with my program, as it also happens with other programs and via windows change screen settings..

Thereby verifying that it''s not a DirectX problem, but one of your OS and/or monitor. This has already been answered in the other thread. Please do not double post. Thread closed.

This topic is 5375 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.