Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Programming win32 API apps in Python?

This topic is 5380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Are there any resources on this? I mean, the only REASON I left Python because there was only 1 book on this topic (in Python that is ), and it''s not at my bookstore So, sites a pleanty! Later.
DigiCode - My solo company in the process

Python comes with Tkinter which is an interface to the Tk toolkit. It is cross platform.

You can also get the win32com and pythonwin distribution. There is a useful introductory article here which may be taken from the book you were looking at. From what I can tell though pythonwin is limited because it''s difficult to integrate resources that are used by MFC - not impossible - but difficult.

You can access the win 32 api by importing win32api (of all things!). The functions closely mirror those of the C API.

Oluseyi - You''ve redeemed yourself. Thanks for pointing that out as I''ve had a bit of a blindspot for wxPython. Having now downloaded it though it looks good. PyCrust and PyShell are worth the price of entry alone!