Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

annoying blue lines

This topic is 5380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello - can anyone help? In some of my programs, if I use I change textures quickly something like this: glTexture(....); //load texture A glBegin(GL_QUADS)......glEnd((); //draw quad 1 glTexture(....); //load texture B glBegin(GL_QUADS).....glEnd(); //draw quad 2 The second texture does not load or lines appear on the second texture especially if the GL window is nearly full-screen. Sometimes I can avoid this by using very small textures such as 32x32 or putting all my textures on a single bitmap and using texture co-ordinates to select part of the bitmap to use but I don't necessarily always want to do this. Has anyone found similar problems? P.S. Is there a standard way to use textures all from one bitmap? Because if I change the size of the bitmap to put more textures onto it I don't want to have to change all my code ALSO: In openGL you have to swith from RGB to BGR which either means changing your bitmap before hand or using a for/next loop in the program such as: for(z=0;z<256*256*3;z+=3){ c=data[z]; data[z]=data[z+2]; data[z+2]=c; } Usually, if I have to change it in the program this for/next loop is fast enough - but surely there must be a simpler way? How could openGL not support RGB format? Strange... [edited by - paulbird on March 26, 2003 9:06:45 AM]