Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsp /octrees

This topic is 5374 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

are there any books that deal with these subjects that have working source code and a good explanation, the reason im asking this is because i live in australia and the books are pretty limited here or other wise i would just go to a book store and look inside the books, but blindly buying a book its just not worth it because the dollar here is worth half the american dollar which means twice the price i looked at the gems books and they seem to have what i want can anyone confirm this for me. thanks

i would still like to get a book on the subject
i have looked at those tutorials the octree tutorial
at gametutorials you have to buy the cd to get octree3
and i cant really find any thing decent on bsps and beleve my
i have a looked
thanks anyway

well, then. there are no books sole devoted to spacial subdivision because it''s really not that big of a topic. (or at least not enough to fill an entire book.) I would recomend 3D Game Engine Design. there are also some good articles in Game Programming Gems I. 3D Game Engine Design is probably your best bet though.

quote:
Original post by gorvelius
so what would you suggest Hairybudda

Just look straight into Quad/Octrees. BSP for space partitioning was only good for when drawing a polygon came with a high performance penalty. Todays hardware is a lot better.