Looking for free particle system engine?

Started by
10 comments, last by ibolcina 21 years ago
Hi. I am looking for free particle system engine. Which one do you use? bye and thank you, ivan
Advertisement
I hate to be the one to say this, but have you tried google? I can find a least a hundred different particle engines out there - many of which come complete with full source code. There are also a number of books available that show some great particle systems.
Meeeee....!

http://plaza.ufl.edu/cppman/particle_engine.html

Hope it fits the bill Editor too

Let me know your concerns, so I can incorporate them into a new paricle engine. cppman@ufl.edu

Gamedev for learning.
libGDN for putting it all together.
An opensource, cross platform, cross API game development library.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
That is pretty cool actually. lot''s of options. The biggest thing I see missing from you system is key framing. In frame 1 I want this behaviour. frame 2 0.5 sec later I want to add this. frame 3 1.5 seconds later I want a fade out etc. etc.

I have just tested for a minute or two and might have missed how to do it.
Yeah, unfortunatly it''s not possible with the current engine. The next one will do that and more.

Gamedev for learning.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
I swear particle engines are the coolest things. Currently I''m working on one, but havn''t quite finished it. It''s reading from a text file, and has syntax checking, etc, but I think I''ll switch to binary after I get it working and make an editor for it. Man there sooooooo cool I got pretty decent frame rates with your engine, even with 3000 particles. Good job
Thanks, a new one is forthcoming in the coming months.

Gamedev for learning.
Hi, I tried your engine. Yes, I need something like it. Unfortunally, on one machine it works ok(nvidia), on other it crashes(ati). Any clues?

I need particle engine for simulating smoke coming out of damaged ship. What was that talk that I can not control frame rate?

But I would like to try at least a few engines before setling for one. I tried googling, but I am never lucky with google. So can please tell me which engines do you use.

It's really not that hard doing one youreself and it is really giving.

I learned from <link>www.codesampler.com

EDIT: trying to figure out how to do links the easy way...

[edited by - Enselic on March 27, 2003 8:23:30 AM]
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
Doing it that it looks good is at least very time consuming, so I really pray to find something allready writen :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement