Magic Alternatives?

Started by
59 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 10 months ago
This is on magic and spells in general:

I agree that Loom had an interesting magic system. It would have been the perfect game to have had the ability to discover new spells on your own without have to have learned them first. It was also a good idea to make the spells change every time you started a new game.

Magic in Books: I like the idea that the user and their character have to work together to figure out spells. Like have a book with some unknown language and symbols and some parts in english. As the character builds levels he/she/it can read more of it. The generation of a new way to cast the spell each time you started a new adds replayability.

Casting spells: Have the character act out casting the spells and have the user control their character''s actions (which could be physically or, even better mentally) For example, it could be like tai bo (or its mental equivalent). Maybe the results of your cast would have different efects in different parts of the world (sort of like the way water drains clockwise in the northern hemisphere and does the opposite...(you get the idea)). Or maybe you could have the spell be able to be cast with different proportions of physical / mental power with different effects.

I''m sorry that this is off topic but I needed to say them before I forgot them and it seems like they might actually have a chance at being used usefully. I''m also sorry if this post is confusing but I find it hard to express my ideas clearly because I have so many different (*strange*) things running through my head at once but they all fall out (maybe I should plug that extra hole in my head )

- TMOLI 42
- TMOLI 42 Powered by hypocrisy!"Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!" - Homer Simpson

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement