• Advertisement

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a quick question about mipmap&d3d

This topic is 5471 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi people, I was beginning to create my texture in various resolutions in order to implement the mipmappig, when I''ve see D3DSAMP_MIPFILTER in SetSamplerState method...so I''ve actived a mipmap filter m_pd3dDevice->SetSamplerState( 0, D3DSAMP_MIPFILTER, D3DTEXF_LINEAR ); Now my far texture is more small than close texture... but I haven''t big and small texture...have the DX made this job for me? Can That filter work fine without all texture? Is better use standar method like this?
	for( i = 0; i < 6; ++i )
		g_pMipMapTexture->GetSurfaceLevel( i, &pDestSurface );
		pTexArray[i]->GetSurfaceLevel( 0, &pSrcSurface );

// Load our custom mip-map texture into the appropiate level by 

// copying over or erasing the existing texture on that surface.

D3DXLoadSurfaceFromSurface( pDestSurface, NULL, NULL, 
		                            pSrcSurface,  NULL, NULL, 
								    D3DX_DEFAULT, 0);

where in pTexArray there are the same texture in different scale. I''m a bit confused =)))) good bye

If you read the SDK docs, you''ll see that if you create the texture with 0 for the levels parameter, D3D will generate the mipmaps for you:

HRESULT CreateTexture(
UINT Width,
UINT Height,
UINT Levels,
DWORD Usage,
IDirect3DTexture8** ppTexture

[in] The number of levels in the texture. If this is zero, Microsoft® Direct3D® will generate all texture sublevels down to 1×1 pixels for hardware that supports MIP mapped textures. Otherwise, it will create one level. Call IDirect3DBaseTexture8::GetLevelCount to see the number of levels generated.

• Advertisement