• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradDaBug

My digital camera

This topic is 5564 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I setup my digital camera in Mandrake 9.1? When I go to the hardware list in the Mandrake Control Center, it shows up, but only as an unknown device. It says the name of the camera, but everything else is unknown. I can''t get anything to detect it! It appears to act like a FAT removable disc in Windows, btw. Current Projects: GD Theatre Group | GK3 for Linux | Landscape Engine | Bug Hunt

Advertisement
Two things:

One, you could try mounting it with -t fat and see what happens.

Two, perhaps your kernel needs to be recompiled to allow for hardware devices to act as mounted drives.

I don''t know what else you can do offhand. What camera is it? Perhaps a Google search might find someone else who was able to get it to work on their system.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You need to use the USB mass storage driver. I don''t remember the details, but a quick search for "usb mass storage" linux "digital camera" should do it.

Try:

modprobe usbcore
modprobe usb-uhci
modprobe usb-storage
mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/cam

(Change /mnt/cam to the directory you want to mount to)

Hope this works for you!

The Wild Wild West - Desperado!

Its says "special device /dev/sda1 does not exist" when I try to mount the camera. I''ve also tried sda0 and sda. Nothing like that exists.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!