• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

masonium

converting unmanaged C++ to managed C++ code

This topic is 5560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

in order to use your existing C++ code in C#, you have to convert it to managed code, correct? Is this difficult, or relatively trivial. I was an article on MSDN about how to do this, but I can''d find it. If anyone knows where it is, or has any other general tips for it, I''d greatly appreciate it. ''There''s something out there....something stupid...'' ''I think I''m going to be ill. Is that a problem for you?'' ''[You] overestimate my conscience by assuming that I have one.'' - Daria

Advertisement
You don''t have to convert any of the existing unmanaged C++ code per se. All C++ code will compile to managed code. However, to expose it to other managed clients, such as C#, you need to provide a managed interface. This means wrapping your unmanaged classes in managed counterparts.

The VC++ docs have some stuff on this: ms-help://MS.MSDNVS/vcmex/html/vcconAddingMCToExistingApplication.htm and ms-help://MS.MSDNVS/vcmxspec/html/vcmg_overview.htm

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug."
-- Mark Twain

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!