My super enigne...

Started by
7 comments, last by Zoot 21 years ago
Well have a look: mipmap It isn´t much but it is only a week old too.. :> [edited by - zoot on April 1, 2003 5:33:35 PM] [edit: enabled link] [edited by - Magmai Kai Holmlor on April 6, 2003 10:11:54 PM]
GSACP: GameDev Society Against Crap PostingTo join: Put these lines in your signature and don't post crap!
Advertisement
lol bas spelling... lets blame the clock.. 0:45 :]
GSACP: GameDev Society Against Crap PostingTo join: Put these lines in your signature and don't post crap!
bad*
trees aren''t bad, but the ground looks anything but realistic: huge amounts of pixelization and yet obvious tiling, unequal texture stretching in the foreground, and a clear polygon seam. surely you can devote a few more triangles and more texture size to the ground... it''s a fairly big thing.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
Looks very similar to those Demos that come with DX SDK.
quote:Original post by MOVSW
Looks very similar to those Demos that come with DX SDK.

Yep, it is built on the same framework.
The trees are great, I would love to know how you did them, but the ground looks like ass.

--------------------------------------------
Optimus Prime: Private Investigator!

Oscar Mike Foxtrot Golf! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot"
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
Grass just CANNOT be represented with texture. It's incredible hard problem - to make realictically looking grass. It has not yet been solved by anybody, as far as I know.
Best method I know is SeriousSam grass - crossing pairs of billboards scaattered along terrain. But even there it disappears at far distances.

Probably good solution, if it will appear someday, will include volumetric green fog combined with muliti-layered textured surfaces, and many other scary things...

[edited by - Cheb on April 6, 2003 7:59:34 AM]
It has been solved, and was used in the last Star Fox game to make realistic fur. You use multi-texturing and shift the position slightly over many passes; as such it does require newer hardware (GF4) to work well.

This MSR article describes the technique
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement