• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trub

Designing for the C Language

This topic is 5558 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Now you often see plenty of articles on design issues and how they relate to C++. However, I write strict C from time to time and sometimes have problems breaking apart ideas into a well defined structure of files, structs, etc. I started coding after C''s "hayday" so I actually have much more experience in C++ (i realise that they are subsets of one another, however designing for one is VERY different from designing on the other). Is their any books/articles/etc that someone could point me too for reference in this matter? As for right now, the best thing I could come up with, is to study other big projects whos source code also used the C language. I realize that there is no trade of for just plain experience but some tips would be welcomed. Thanks, Ryan

Advertisement
Have you read the "classics"? If not, check out anything by Brian Kernighan, Dennis Ritchie, or Rob Pike.

I especially like The C Programming Language and The Practice of Programming.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I am very interested in C code organization too, these books explain this topic ?

Guest Anonymous Poster
bump

Guest Anonymous Poster
bump?

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!