• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ilthigore

Keyboard Problems

This topic is 5564 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having trouble with my keyboard and I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix it. I reformatted my hard drive recently and since the Windows reinstall: - Whenever I press the "at key" (@) it prints a double quote. - Whenever I press the double quote key it prints @. - The hash/tilda key prints a backslash/or symbol. If anyone could help that would be cool. PS. I use a Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite on Windows 98. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ilthigore <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< [edited by - ilthigore on March 31, 2003 3:26:33 PM]

Advertisement
Most likely, your "Keyboard Layout" (i think thats what it''s called) in the windows control panel is set to a different language.

If you have an American keyboard, and your language is set to "English (United Kingdom)", some keys won''t match their labels (i have the same problem with "English (Canadian)").

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!