• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mill-o

[java] Well played! 0.2 (feedback appreciated)

This topic is 5559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

this is not a game, but it is however game related. it''s a high score server. I know it''s a bit more work to test a high score server than a game, but I really need your feedback. if you can''t be bothered to test it fully, please just give the GUI a go and perhaps comment on the ease of use. :D I''d especially like feedback in the following areas: * GUI functionality/design * ease of use (good design?) * missing features * bugs in general * performance go to http://h55d205.delphi.afb.lu.se/apps/wellplayed for a quick tutorial, screenshots and downloads, or if can''t wait to get your hands on this, download it directly from http://h55d205.delphi.afb.lu.se/apps/wellplayed/well_played-0.2-public_a lpha1.zip Thanks in advance. :D

Advertisement
Hi mill-o,

the GUI is ok. Functional and easy to navigate.

I have just a few suggestions.
IMO it would be better to modify all input dialogs with only one input field so, they accept the value entered in the field when you press enter, so you don''t have to grab the mouse.
Also make use of acelerators ... they''re really easy to use and keboard control is much faster, when you''re used to a program.

P.S.: Have you considered using a stored java.lang.Properties over a plain text file to store the configuration?

have a nice (fools) day

hey, thanks for your ideas.

the thing with closing the dialog with enter is a good idea. i forgot to implement that so i''ll do that right away.

i didn''t know of java.lang.Properties so i''m gonna check it out!

Hi,

it's java.util .Properties and not java.lang.Properties

Did not check what package it was in.
Basically it's a HashMap with String values (and keys). Also storing properties is quite easy with that one as it has the store() and load() methods already implemented.

have a nice day

[edited by - Petr Stedry on April 2, 2003 4:05:08 AM]

yup, i noticed that as well. i haven''t tried it yet.. i started fiddling with graphs instead

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!