• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MagTDK

Advanced Animation with DirectX Book

This topic is 5563 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don''t know if anyone can answer this but I''ll ask anyways. Every time I seem to look at the Premier Press web site looking at upcoming titles, the date keeps getting moved up for the book "Advanced Animation with DirectX" . First it was suppose to be released in March, then April, and now it''s May. I''m just wondering why? I thought the author finished the book a while ago.

Advertisement
No, it''s been delayed. There were some problems near the beginning that kept it from being released over 3 months ago (it had to be written from scratch). It''s nearly finished up now. It''s been updated to use DirectX 9 - DirectX 8 is out the window. I should have text on my web page later that will show how to use the code with DirectX 8 afterward though.

Ok, good to hear Jim. I''m just anxious to buy your book

And please do post how to use the code in DirectX 8 on your website because I''m curious to see how it''s done without using some of the new DirectX 9 animation functions.

Guest Anonymous Poster
All DirectX .NET/2002 books have been delayed as far as I can tell. All three books I have been waiting on have been delayed at least 3 months. Some of the DirectX books have been pushed back 4-5 months.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!