Console math problem!

Started by
38 comments, last by WaterMelon34 21 years ago
Hi, I am making a simple math program that finds the area of 200 feet in length and width. Here''s the code (Tell me what''s wrong): typedef unsigned short USHORT; #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> USHORT FindArea(USHORT length, USHORT width); //function prototype int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { USHORT lengthOfYard; USHORT widthOfYard; USHORT areaOfYard; printf("\nHow wide is your yard? "); widthOfYard; printf("\nHow long is your yard? "); lengthOfYard; areaOfYard=FindArea(lengthOfYard,widthOfYard); printf("\nYour yard is "); areaOfYard; printf(" square feet\n\n"); return 0; } THANKS!
Advertisement
Oops, I forgot to tell you what error showed up when I compiled it:

main.o(.text+0xa5):main.cpp: undefined reference to `FindArea(unsigned short, unsigned short)''

Sorry.
Uh, you neer defined the function anywhere. You declared it, but you could just change it to:

USHORT FindArea(USHORT length, USHORT width)
{
return length * width;
}
Umm, thanks alot but now I added that and it just shows either MORE errors OR it''s the same error. Where do I put the

{
return length * width;
}
Uh... and you''re not using any kind of keyboard input. You can''t do that (variable

Lookup scanf().

When you want to print out a variable you have to do so like this:

printf("%d * %d = %d", input1, input2, result);

%d = integer
%s = string
%c = character(byte)
%f = float
et al
you declared your function, you didn''t implement it though.

put
USHORT FindArea(USHORT length, USHORT width)
{
return length * width;
}

outside of your int main() function.

What the hell...? Does this mean I delete all that crap and do that?
OH!!! I understand! I forgot to give the number of the length and width aswell. I''ll try to add all the stuff you gave.
Not to be bery roud, but reading a book on standard C might help. Most introductory books can teetch you what you want in a matter of 10 pages or less.
Rate me up.
Hehe, ok. Now I fixed that problem but now I can''t make the window STAY on the screen. It just opens and closes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement