• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BungoMan85

bitmap buttons in an MFC app

This topic is 5732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

bah! i did exactly what msdn says and i cant get it to work! here is what msdn says...

To include a bitmap-button control in a dialog box, follow these steps: 

Create one to four bitmap images for the button.

Create a dialog template with an owner-draw button positioned where you want the bitmap button. The size of the button in the template does not matter.

Set the button’s caption to a value such as “MYIMAGE” and define a symbol for the button such as IDC_MYIMAGE.

In your application’s resource script, give each of the images created for the button an ID constructed by appending one of the letters “U,” “D,” “F,” or “X” (for up, down, focused, and disabled) to the string used for the button caption in step 3. For the button caption “MYIMAGE,” for example, the IDs would be “MYIMAGEU,” “MYIMAGED,” “MYIMAGEF,” and “MYIMAGEX.” You must specify the ID of your bitmaps within double quotes. Otherwise the resource editor will assign an integer to the resource and MFC will fail when loading the image.

In your application’s dialog class (derived from CDialog), add a CBitmapButton member object.

In the CDialog object’s OnInitDialog routine, call the CBitmapButton object’s AutoLoad function, using as parameters the button’s control ID and the CDialog object’s this pointer. 

now here is what i got so far...

class mp3playerdialog : public CDialog
{
// Construction

public:
	mp3playerdialog(CWnd* pParent = NULL);	// standard constructor

Cfmod song; //nothing to see here... =P

CBitmapButton play;

BOOL mp3playerdialog::OnInitDialog()
{
	CDialog::OnInitDialog();

SetIcon(m_hIcon, TRUE);			// Set big icon

SetIcon(m_hIcon, FALSE);		// Set small icon

// TODO: Add extra initialization here

play.AutoLoad(IDC_PLAY,this);

i should note that i did what it said regarding the resource files and such, there are no compile errors, and it runs fine, it just doesnt display the bitmap, im at a total loss here. i prolly just didnt do something or misunderstood what was meant on the msdn =/ (bah!) Bungo!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!