• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny_Buckshot

Second Time around

This topic is 5562 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is the second time I''ve posted this, can''t find my original post. But I''m working on a school machine (with SchoolVista ) and I am working with the DirectX and C++. I try to compile my program and get the error: "C:\DirectX SDK\DX8.1b SDK\Dxf\Dxsdk\lib\ddraw.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3b16078a" Any ideas? I tried installing it again to no avail.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
from MSDN:

Linker Tools Error LNK1106
invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to location

The tool could not read or write to location in a memory-mapped file.

Tips

Your disk may be too full to complete the link. Free up some space and try the link again.

The error may be a result of trying to link over a network. Some networks do not fully support the memory-mapped files used by the linker. Try linking on your local disk to see if that fixes the problem.

There may be a bad block on your disk. Although the operating system and disk hardware should have detected such an error, you may want to run a disk checking program.

Yes, I read that... But that doesn''t really help solve anything.
My only thought was that I couldn''t access the C drive because of the network, but if i just take that library and put it on the network drive, i get the same error (although i see why there would be big problems here).

It''s possible that you can''t write to the main directory.

I have that problem at my school.

And don''t beg!

Begging is bad!

DOWN!

DigiCode - My solo company in progress

Not that you''ll actually care, but your original post is here: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=147519

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

We can write to C:\... i think.. but it doesn''t matter, the actual project is on my drive, and then the SDK files are on the C drive, so i don''t think that would matter

did you tried to compile a program which would link to another weird-ass (meaning non-standard) library, like dinput.lib?

This sounds more like a network/hardware problem, not a code problem. If you''re at school, you could ask a teacher, or a network administrator. Maybe you need administrative right to mess arounf with the sdk.

in your project directory, make a ''lib'' folder, and copy all the lib files you need to that folder. Add a lib directory path to this folder and try again.

If it works, Install the sdk on your own local machine, and again, in Tools->Options->Directory, add a path to your local drive SDK.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!