• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resurrection

order of Matrix multiplications

This topic is 5563 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of all, sorry for my bad,bad english I'm having troubles rotating one object because the system i'm developing (whith one friend) uses a fixed order with matrix multiplications. I'm searching a way for making a rotation which does not take care with this matrix order. ¿Quaternions will help me? ¿they are order independent as i've read? Thanks for advance Greetz [edited by - Resurrection on April 1, 2003 1:47:47 PM]

Advertisement
He reminds me of that other guy..

And he just joined up on April Fools.

K this is getting old quick.

I seriously despise April Fools for all it''s worth from this moment on and forever.

Bah unto all who fool me on the forsaken day known as ''April Fools''!

BAH!

DigiCode - My solo company in progress

I agree that this is probably a joke, but if not (he seems to have a spanish keyboard), buy a book called "3D Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development." It will answer all of your questions.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

If this is a joke I''ve missed the punch line.
Matrix math is _not_ a funny business.

Not EVERYTHING on April 1st is a joke, only stuff on slashdot.

Yes, but this isn''t the first post today with someone who joined on april first claiming to speak bad english. But the book I suggested is actually a good book. I have it, and I can actually make sense of it (I''m 13).

Some explanations:

I'm from spain and we do not "celebrate" april fools (in fact in my country the date for this kind of "jokes" is December/28 ).
As you see the english i speak/write is bad but i've teached it by myself. And of course i'm not joking.

Thanks you guys that have advised me.
I will try to find the book

Greetz

[edited by - Resurrection on April 2, 2003 4:50:58 AM]

Sorry... I should have known better, it's just that there was another person claiming to not speak english well acting very stupid, so I assumed you might be doing the same. Again, I apologise.

EDIT: Oh, and your english is acually extremely good... better than some native english speakers

[edited by - cowsarenotevil on April 2, 2003 1:55:16 AM]

Hey, cowsarenotevil, don''t worry about it.
Many people don''t know about other countries.
Thanks a lot for your advice, and for the flattery about
my english , but i''m sure i''ve make a lot of
mistakes

Greetz

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!