• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WJosh2121

Tic Tac Toe Code

This topic is 5730 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking for source code to a tic tac toe game. I am planning on making a simple tic tac toe game but not sure where to start. I just need something to look at and get the gist of how its done. Thanx

Advertisement
Not a very good way to learn.. Are you looking to make the game have AI so that you play against the computer? if not then the game is very easy.. you just need to give the user some way to select which box they want to fill.. and you change players (2 players on one machine) finally you need to check every combonation of a winner to see if the game is over..

If you going to do this using something like Visual Basic (actually the easiest for something like this) then you just need to have each square as a button and then run the update, disable the button and check for a winner when some one selects any of the buttons...

Having code in front of you is going to make you cheat.. if you know the basic syntacs then you should sit down with a pad of paper and run through a game of Tic Tac Toe and figure out all the sets..

Please visit Turt99 Productions

You should learn it by yourself but what the h*ll here

http://www.gametutorials.com/download/GameTutorials/TicTacToe_GT.zip

From the nice ppl at www.Gametutorials.com Im learning c++ there on the 3rd page already....

Easy way of programming: Code, Graphics, Swearing....

[edited by - XDarkScar on April 1, 2003 4:23:07 PM]

I don''t understand what you mean by "not knowing where to start".

If you already know how to play the game, than you''re half way in completing the program. All you have to do is convert what you usually do (commands) in a Tic Tac Toe game so a computer can understand using a computer programming language.

I understand that if you have no idea about one subject, than you may ask others for help.. but I don''t see why you need help with this if you know how to play the game. No offense

Are you planning on making it as a DirectX game, or a console DOSy game?

DigiCode - My solo company in progress

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!