Consoles in a strategy game

Started by
3 comments, last by Dragun 21 years ago
I've created this Quake like console for my strategy game (was testing my string functions) and I haven't found anything to do with it. I'm considering yanking it out of the engine unless I find a use for it. Any suggestions?
And yes, I do realize that if that was actual dirt, there wouldn't be any trees that green growing on it. Just haven't drawn any dead trees yet. [edited by - Ðragun on April 1, 2003 3:43:01 PM]
Advertisement
A console is always good to keep track of the past messages.

Height Map Editor | Eternal Lands | Fast User Directory
Console is always an extremely useful debugging tool in any game project. That kind of console is ussualy disabled in the final version of the project.
if its multiplayer I guess it could be something like message area, something that alot of gamers might like is just a log of everything that is happening, I''m guessing that its going to be similar to C&C as in you deploy troops, well you could have all the different things that are happening have a little note down there, if the game is large enough that will stream faster and faster as your troops grow, that would be an interesting thing.. for example you could be watching your troops near some frontline, but you could watch things like resourse levels in the log... "Dumper #1 deposits 1000 fuel cells at Camp Y"

Please visit Turt99 Productions
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER OR MY BLOG
Yeah, I guess I can have it as a message area. Like city of Rohan is revolting...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement