• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve010

Visual Basic

This topic is 5655 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is visual basic actual programming or a visual tool for programming without writing code? I just looked up a VB tutorial that told you how to use a tool instead of write actual code. Also, could you give me as much info as you can on VB? I''m thinking of learn VB.

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by steve010
Is visual basic actual programming or a visual tool for programming without writing code?
It''s an actual programming language with a nice visual editor for editing how your program looks. Programming is not programming without codes

Current project: 2D in Direct3D engine.
% completed: ~35%

If you open a FRM file in a text editor you''ll see that the "graphical display" is still coordinated via text.

So yes, Visual Basic is a full fledged language with a few nifty tools.

(For those who have never looked at a FRM file take a look. Kind of neat to see how, in this particular case, visual design has simplified what needs to be done.)

The form editor just supplies the code to describe the layout/contents of a window. The program won''t do anything without real code.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!