• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oneofakind24

books

This topic is 5557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Doea any have any suggestions on C++ books for beginners that seemed to help them alot when they first started also any books that help them to start beginning windows games in c++?? thanks

Advertisement
I learned C++ from C++: How to Program by Deitel & Deitel. Some people really love this book, some hate it, so if you can borrow a copy from your local library, you might want to try that before buying it. Some people also really like SAMS: Teach yourself C++ in 21 days/24 hours. (I wasn''t a huge fan), another good one is The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup. I wouldn''t suggest the last one though, unless your coming from another language. It is kinda aimed at people who are already compitent programmers and understand the fundementals of procedural and/or object oriented programming.

As for win32 I''d suggest Programming Windows by Charles Petzold. Though I haven''t read it, I''ve heard good things about SAMS Windows 2000 SuperBible (not from the teach your self series). Good luck in whatever you choose.

If you live near a library, don''t forget to check out what they have to offer.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!