• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vlad Tepes

In the Beginning...

This topic is 5556 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Afternoon everyone! I am looking to relearn programming, as I once knew how back about 4 years ago. I took a summer seminar in video game programming at DigiPen and I really enjoyed it but since then I haven''t found the time to program. Now though I have a bit more time to actually sit down and be creative with numbers and letters! I was wondering if there are any C/C++ compilers for Mac OS X (I will hopefully be purchasing a PC before summer), but in the meantime, I would like to start with perhaps VB and C and perhaps by the time I get my PC, I will have a good working knowledge of C and will be ready to move into C++. I''m hoping I get my PC soon, as our school provides MS Visual Studio .net for free to all students. Vlad Tepes

Advertisement
You can get codewarrior for macos. I''ve got the learnign edition myself (for macos 9.1, though). I bought a book called ''mac game programming'' which says that macosx has a built in c++ compiler, I think it''s called ''project builder'' though don''t quote me on that.

------------
"You can do anything you set your mind to." Bollocks! What about the guy born with no legs who wants to be a footballer?

Spam Spam Spam

www.themattgreen.com

Mac OS X comes with a complete development environment. (It''s on a separate disk, and you need to install it by hand, but still). Also, the Apple Developer site (http://developer.apple.com) has tons of demos, and the tools are available for download.

I wonder why you''re asking about OS X, though - that''s not available for PCs.

Robert

Ah, I hadn''t even thought to look at that developer tools CD that came with OS X, much thanks! Now to find how to use that bloody software.

Vlad Tepes

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!