• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jayltir

Need a good tutorial on DirectX 2D

This topic is 5563 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m attempting to make my first game (tetris) and I''m really not sure where to start with the graphics side of the house because it''s completely new to me. I have the programming power to handle all the logic stuff, that''s no problem at all. I just need some info on sprites, bitmaps, blitters, clipping... If anybody is aware of a good DirectX 2D primer/tutorial, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Advertisement
Finally somebody who KNOWS how to program before asking how to ''make games''

....Sorry I don''t have any tut''s for yah.

But still, I have respect.

It''s hard to get these days.

Anyway, I myself am still learning how to program..

So, later days

BTW - GOOGLE! (http://www.google.com)

DigiCode - My solo company in progress

I would suggest "Windows Game Programming for Dummies" by Andre Lamothe. It covers DirectDraw very well, without trying to teach you C/C++ along the way.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

Are you looking to use Direct3D and DirectX9? If you are looking to use Direct3D to produce your 2D game then feel free to take a look at my website here. It may (or may not!) be useful.

Regards,
Sharky

Guest Anonymous Poster
www.2dgame-tutorial.com

If you want, I have a nice 2D engine. Flat Red Ball Template. I''m in the process of developing the website for it right now, and if I gave you a URL, it''d prob change within a day or two, so if you want, you can reach me on EMail : VChelaru@hotmail.com or on AOL Instant Messenger: ArmySarj

--Vic--

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!