• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mkk

compiling tutorials with Dev c++ = errors

This topic is 5734 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody! I have been learning openGl about week or two, using VC++ to compile projects. Sadly my own computer got some serious problems and I should reinstall windows and that´s why I´m right now using my bros cpu/Dev c++ but when I try compile, for example nehe´s lesson 8, I will get errors like this:

g++.exe -c lesson8.cpp -o lesson8.o -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++"  -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/mingw32"  -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/backward"  -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include"  

lesson8.cpp:13:69: gl\glaux.h: No such file or directory
lesson8.cpp:44: syntax error before `*' token
lesson8.cpp:53: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `File' with no type
lesson8.cpp:53: `Filename' was not declared in this scope
lesson8.cpp:55: parse error before `if'
lesson8.cpp: In function `int LoadGLTextures()':
lesson8.cpp:68: `AUX_RGBImageRec' undeclared (first use this function)
lesson8.cpp:68: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each 
   function it appears in.)
lesson8.cpp:68: `TextureImage' undeclared (first use this function)
lesson8.cpp:73: `LoadBMP' undeclared (first use this function)

make.exe: *** [lesson8.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

I haven´t modified the lesson anyway. Any help would be nice =) [edited by - Mkk on April 1, 2003 8:42:57 PM]

Advertisement
since i''ve used Dev-C++ it never had glaux.h. so you pretty much can''t use that to load any bitmaps. if i''m not mistaken i think there is a tutorial on how to load bmps without glaux. i know there is one for tga which is what i use. it''s also better than bmp because of the alpha channel. you may also need to include stdio.h. as for some of the other errors i''m not sure.

I have DevC++ beta and somehow I have obtained the glaux''s header file by downloading all the updates. I guess you can try that.

dont use glaux, skip to tut 24 and learn how to load TGA''s. Takes a while (did for me) but it works. And since GLAUX=a true graphic programmer''s enemy you''ll be happy to be rid of it.

Also read all old posts on problems with TGA / BMPload to get some hints

Hmm.. I tried to compile example 24, complaied goed well but when I try to run .exe, it won´t run just gives "Initialization failed" error. Tut 25 compiles well too but when I try to run --> program will crash =() when tryin to run tut 26 it says nothing but won´t start.. any ideas?

Omg I´m stupid =) It just that in vc++ sources there is all stuff included with code and.. I´m stupid =)

Anyway.. thanks once again!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!