compiling tutorials with Dev c++ = errors

Started by
6 comments, last by Mkk 21 years ago
Hi everybody! I have been learning openGl about week or two, using VC++ to compile projects. Sadly my own computer got some serious problems and I should reinstall windows and that´s why I´m right now using my bros cpu/Dev c++ but when I try compile, for example nehe´s lesson 8, I will get errors like this:

g++.exe -c lesson8.cpp -o lesson8.o -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++"  -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/mingw32"  -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include/c++/backward"  -I"d:/Dev-Cpp/include"  

lesson8.cpp:13:69: gl\glaux.h: No such file or directory
lesson8.cpp:44: syntax error before `*' token
lesson8.cpp:53: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `File' with no type
lesson8.cpp:53: `Filename' was not declared in this scope
lesson8.cpp:55: parse error before `if'
lesson8.cpp: In function `int LoadGLTextures()':
lesson8.cpp:68: `AUX_RGBImageRec' undeclared (first use this function)
lesson8.cpp:68: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each 
   function it appears in.)
lesson8.cpp:68: `TextureImage' undeclared (first use this function)
lesson8.cpp:73: `LoadBMP' undeclared (first use this function)

make.exe: *** [lesson8.o] Error 1

Execution terminated

I haven´t modified the lesson anyway. Any help would be nice =) [edited by - Mkk on April 1, 2003 8:42:57 PM]
Advertisement
since i''ve used Dev-C++ it never had glaux.h. so you pretty much can''t use that to load any bitmaps. if i''m not mistaken i think there is a tutorial on how to load bmps without glaux. i know there is one for tga which is what i use. it''s also better than bmp because of the alpha channel. you may also need to include stdio.h. as for some of the other errors i''m not sure.
Paulhttp://members.lycos.co.uk/p79
I have DevC++ beta and somehow I have obtained the glaux''s header file by downloading all the updates. I guess you can try that.
dont use glaux, skip to tut 24 and learn how to load TGA''s. Takes a while (did for me) but it works. And since GLAUX=a true graphic programmer''s enemy you''ll be happy to be rid of it.

Also read all old posts on problems with TGA / BMPload to get some hints
Ok, thanks for the info
Hmm.. I tried to compile example 24, complaied goed well but when I try to run .exe, it won´t run just gives "Initialization failed" error. Tut 25 compiles well too but when I try to run --> program will crash =() when tryin to run tut 26 it says nothing but won´t start.. any ideas?
You need the textures and stuff.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Omg I´m stupid =) It just that in vc++ sources there is all stuff included with code and.. I´m stupid =)

Anyway.. thanks once again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement