• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tstrimp

VC++ build problem

This topic is 5559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m not extremely new to programming but I have never had this problem before. Last week I was building some simple SDL apps playing around with mouse and keyboard IO. No problems then. Now today I start over and as usualy I start with something very simple to make sure I get everything linked properly. When I ctrl-f5 to run an error message pops up saying it can''t find the exe. I browse to the folder and sure enough the exe is missing. I tried switching to release and the same thing happened. I''ve checked the general project settings and it says the output directory is correct, and I''m getting a build log in the right folder but no exe. As far as I know I have NOT changed any of the project settings since the last successful program. Anyone have any ideas as to what might of happened and/or how to fix it? Thanks! Tim

Advertisement
Maybe I should have mentioned that I tried rebuilding....
The projects exe is nowhere to be found.

quote:
Original post by tstrimp
I''ve checked the general project settings and it says the output directory is correct, and I''m getting a build log in the right folder but no exe.

Also check the exe used for debuging (in the debug tab in the settings panel). It may not match the output one, especially if you''ve moved your project on your hard drive.

cowsarenotevil: The only file being created is the BuildLog.htm

Prosper/LOADED: I checked the debug tab but the only thing that looked close to what you are talking about was the working directory which I assume is where it looks for files like .bmp and stuff like that.

I am using VC++.net although I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes in this case.

After building last I did a find on my computer for the name of the project ad it found the project folder, project.ncb, project.sln, and project.vcproj but no project.exe or project.pdb

[edited by - tstrimp on April 2, 2003 9:20:58 AM]

try creating a new solution, import all your files into it, and rebuild. If its just a setting in the Project Properties, this should fix it.

Thanks Enfekted! Somtimes I get stuck on somthing and try everything but the obvious... I wonder what happened though... Oh well! Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!