converting 3ds models to md2

Started by
4 comments, last by _Idan_ 21 years ago
Anyone knows a good utility for converting 3ds models to md2 ? i believe Id software released a converter but i can''t find it on the net. any ideas ?
Advertisement
I thought www.quick3d.com was a good site to get a convertor. If you also do a search for Q2 Modeller you''ll find a better one. I dont remember where to go for that program though.

Someone13

I see said the blind man pissing in the wind, it all comes back to me.
Someone13
Milkshape 3d (www.milkshape3d) will import and then export almost anything. You can also write plugins easily for milkshape so you can make up your own format (I do this all the time) and export/import it.
quote:Original post by llvllatrix
Milkshape 3d (www.milkshape3d) will import and then export almost anything. You can also write plugins easily for milkshape so you can make up your own format (I do this all the time) and export/import it.

Milkshape can''t do 3ds, at least not without a plugin that I don''t have

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Dude, the 3ds plugin importer/exporter is so standard it comes with the milkshape sdk. Check again (im running 1.6.5 btw), under autodesk 3ds - same thing.
by default Milkshape3d supports 3d studio max''s .ASC file format... it doesnt read .3ds with default settings and plug-ins

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement