• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DanH

Texture warping on skybox

This topic is 5733 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've created a skybox (well not done the bottom or tops, just the sides). When I rotate it around, I get this nasty texture flickering around the edges at times. I've tried several things to get rid of it, including linear filtering, shrinking the window so that directx didn't have to scale the texture up and using larger textures. None have worked. Any ideas as otherwise my stuff is going to look decidedly PS1! The executable is here : (requires dx9) http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~dharman/Terrain.zip [edited by - DanH on April 2, 2003 11:05:43 AM] [edited by - DanH on April 2, 2003 11:14:22 AM] [edited by - DanH on April 2, 2003 11:15:51 AM]

Advertisement

Ok solved it. Having a near clip plane set to zero is bad news. Bumping it up to 0.5 solved it.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!