• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedodger

New Picture - jedi concept

This topic is 5729 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This is a new pic i did recently. For a sketch group we had to redesign a jedi. Here's my take comments crits welcomed peace Dodger [edited by - thedodger on April 2, 2003 1:03:51 PM]

Advertisement
Quite a cool picture, but there''s something seriously wrong with the lightsaber perspective.

A little tip:
If you''re drawing something, try mirroring the picture. It''ll help you find faults quicker as the picture suddenly becomes a "new" picture with which your eyes is not accustomed to.

Might just be me it works on though, i haven''t heard of ANYONE besides me using this method.

The pic is really cool

...now my stupid question :
you did it on paper first right? then you scanned it?!

[edited by - ladrilho on April 2, 2003 3:25:36 PM]

ganryu: i was hoping no one would notice:-) doubt iwill go back and change it now but maybe when i get some spare time. the mirroring thing i do use it occaisonally not on this pic though:-)

ladrilho: thanks, yeh pencil sketch, scanned and coloured digitally.

Good technique. One thing I''d recommend for future work is to make the composition more dynamic as far as the third dimension, ie, more thing flying towards you and away from you. Leads to more stirring imagery.

Atlas
Spiral Graphics

well i just though that a jedi has a zen like mindset. So he would be a hippy of sorts with his ideals and views on the world. Therefore i figured a long hairstyle would be their look less on physical representation and more of the soul. hence the glasses as he would be studious(is that a word)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Looks like a troll doll with a beard!
Your technical ability, though, is great.

ap:thanks
lol troll doll. i like that, i knew i would touch a few nerves here with the starwars universe but dont expect a response if you cant even state you name:-)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!