• Announcements

• khawk

Download the Game Design and Indie Game Marketing Freebook   07/19/17

GameDev.net and CRC Press have teamed up to bring a free ebook of content curated from top titles published by CRC Press. The freebook, Practices of Game Design & Indie Game Marketing, includes chapters from The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, and An Architectural Approach to Level Design. The GameDev.net FreeBook is relevant to game designers, developers, and those interested in learning more about the challenges in game development. We know game development can be a tough discipline and business, so we picked several chapters from CRC Press titles that we thought would be of interest to you, the GameDev.net audience, in your journey to design, develop, and market your next game. The free ebook is available through CRC Press by clicking here. The Curated Books The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses, Second Edition, by Jesse Schell Presents 100+ sets of questions, or different lenses, for viewing a game’s design, encompassing diverse fields such as psychology, architecture, music, film, software engineering, theme park design, mathematics, anthropology, and more. Written by one of the world's top game designers, this book describes the deepest and most fundamental principles of game design, demonstrating how tactics used in board, card, and athletic games also work in video games. It provides practical instruction on creating world-class games that will be played again and again. View it here. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing, by Joel Dreskin Marketing is an essential but too frequently overlooked or minimized component of the release plan for indie games. A Practical Guide to Indie Game Marketing provides you with the tools needed to build visibility and sell your indie games. With special focus on those developers with small budgets and limited staff and resources, this book is packed with tangible recommendations and techniques that you can put to use immediately. As a seasoned professional of the indie game arena, author Joel Dreskin gives you insight into practical, real-world experiences of marketing numerous successful games and also provides stories of the failures. View it here. An Architectural Approach to Level Design This is one of the first books to integrate architectural and spatial design theory with the field of level design. The book presents architectural techniques and theories for level designers to use in their own work. It connects architecture and level design in different ways that address the practical elements of how designers construct space and the experiential elements of how and why humans interact with this space. Throughout the text, readers learn skills for spatial layout, evoking emotion through gamespaces, and creating better levels through architectural theory. View it here. Learn more and download the ebook by clicking here. Did you know? GameDev.net and CRC Press also recently teamed up to bring GDNet+ Members up to a 20% discount on all CRC Press books. Learn more about this and other benefits here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SeanHowe

Evil Bunnies

29 posts in this topic

Ok, I think this bunny looks really evil (a silly sort of evil), but nobody else does. It''s for my upcoming game, Bunnies At War 2: Bunnies In Space. Can anybody give me any ideas on how to make it look more evil?

Fangs! Now why didn''t I think of that.
The M$ logo idea seems just a bit too scary, IMHO.

Great minds think alike (although technically Monty Python isn''t an actual person)

The picture in the first post now has a buck-fang.
Any other suggestions, anyone?

Give it some bad-ass claws to rip the heck out of whatever it wants!!! And make it look more rabid, that always helps

Evil bunnies... damn, It seems so familar... right Mirado? I love the Evil bunny thing though, a lot.

Serpent Warrior
Team IBP
--------------------
Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for pulse?
A: No.
Q: Did you check for blood pressure?
Q: Did you check for breathing?
Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?
Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?
A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.
Q: But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?
A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere

Edited by - Serpent Warrior on May 30, 2000 12:15:29 AM

How about giving it a chainsaw?
Or maybe a necklace of rabbit-ears?

And give it red, bloodshot eyes. A really manical stare, and maybe a grin. And let it drool a bit!

Anybody heard of Jump n Bump by BrainChild Design?
That''s as good an example as any of evil bunnies. "but they look so innocent"

LoRE

Hmmm,...

Maybe give him some roughed-up fur on the back of his neck using sharp jagged lines. If you give him pupils (sometimes it''s cooler without them), have it so he looks like he''s glaring at you from the corner of his eye.

RUN AWAYYYY!!

www.chewedpencil.com

Give it NEW AOL CDs Version 5.0 as a weapon.

that would take its evilness up a notch.

hehe

-----------------------------

A wise man once said "A person with half a clue is more dangerous than a person with or without one."

Yay! Evil bunnies! Gotta love it!

Give 'em a gun!

E:cb woof!

Edited by - dog135 on June 1, 2000 8:08:07 PM

quote:
Original post by ImmaGNUman
Give it NEW AOL CDs Version 5.0 as a weapon.

I wonder if all music CDs from Time Warner will come with AOL 5+ on track 1. Now that would be evil

- n8

nathany.com

Edited by - nathany on June 1, 2000 10:37:24 PM

Nice bunny, dog... u available to do art for a game? That art was meant for the game, because I haven''t been able to find an artist. But, if you''d like to do the art....
The game is a side person shooter, basically. It''s called Bunnies At War 2: Bunnies In Space. You can check out the first one on my signature, but, it''s not near as good as the second one will be, and uses (blech), SpriteLib.

Bunnies At War - A new wave in bunnydom! BAW Homepage

Looks like a radioactive bunny to me.

How is it that some of you chaps are able to post the snazzy pic''s?

As Mr Cup always says,
''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''

You can too, mr cup. If you have a web page, just upload the pic to it and use html to display it on your message.

SeanHowe, I would, but I can't. I already tried to help someone else with their game art and I just couldn't draw the sprites. To small! If I draw something full size and shrink it down, it looses all of it's detail.

Like this:

And this is at a height of 64 pixels. Most sprites are 32. (I noticed yours is taller though)

That, and I can't draw a scarry creature to save my life!

E:cb woof!

Edited by - dog135 on June 6, 2000 7:12:15 PM

Like this?

As Mr Cup always says,
''I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.''

This scary enough for yah?

FReY

Ps. Just give it long ears. . .

Any one remember the rabbits from the watership down movie?

arg...scared the hell out of me as kid : )