screw carmack or sweeney, i'm about YANN!

Started by
124 comments, last by Grizwald 20 years, 11 months ago
Yann, you amaze me. I look at those picture of that church and it makes me want to pray! you need to write some articles, or at least post some notes and let someone (i''d even do it) turn it into some GDNET articles. -Cody
I love me and you love you.
Advertisement
Pries Grizwald''s lips from YannL''s butt.

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
i only wish i could kiss that wonderful buttocks!
I love me and you love you.
O_o

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
I have a list of active GDNet board members who I find a lot more knowledgeable then me and who are constructive and helpful enough to provide valuable information. I usually look up their profiles and follow some of their posts. Some may call it "virtual stalking", but I find it to be a very effective way to learn new things

Needless to say Yann is one of the people on this list. I also follow around SabreMan, bishop_pass, Arild Fines, S1CA and some others. It''s actually a fairly long list but I learned a lot mainly from these people.
fanboy...?

As much as I appreciate Yann as well (more than anything for his willingness to help and his contained ego, something amazing for a talented programmer in itself), he doesn''t need people telling him how good he is and how he should be doing more. He has a job which (I know) takes up most of the time in his life, so feel just feel grateful he shares some of that time answering our stupid questions.

And if Yann does read this, I thought your game was going to have a demo in january. Whats up!? I''m dieing to try it out (so far from the past year I''ve pieced together dynamic skies, large open area with full occlusion culling and spatialization, realistic grass, and per-pixel lighting. Don''t remember anything about water but I''m sure there''s something cool about that too)!

"Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none." - Shakespeare

Dirge - Aurelio Reis
www.CodeFortress.com
Current Causes:
Nissan sues Nissan
"Artificial Intelligence: the art of making computers that behave like the ones in movies."www.CodeFortress.com
Who says he should be doing more? I was merely stating he''s one of the people who helped my knowledge grow. Besides, looking at people''s profiles to find their posts is a hack for the thresh hold where you can choose to view posts by members with a certain rating or above. I really can''t wait for this feature in the new forums...
Yeah, I am fans of Carmack and Yann. Their products are unbelievable
I appreciate Yann''s work, and his posts in this forum.

However, it is needed a really small brain to realize that this thread suck big time!
Grizwald, how old are you, if it is not a secret?
Just for the record...
Where can i find Yann''s screenshots?
I want to see that church...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement