oh god help me

Started by
19 comments, last by Neen10do 21 years ago
quote:Original post by beaton_john
Here''s a project idea... write a 3d programming language - you drag & drop blocks of code (eg for loop, etc)....

Been watching Swordfish, beaton_john?

I know some people who lost their entire projects, but went back and recoded - as a result, the quality improved massively, because (a) they''d done it before, and (b) they had a better idea of the code as a whole (allowing them to plan better for future modules when developing).

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
i have 10 years of experience on PCs and i only 1 hard drive crashed and was broken
the rest of the HDs just messed up the old FAT32 partitions

now i have converted everything to NTFS and all the problems are gone
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
Mine went once, but I managed to get it back, thus saving all my data. Took a lot of fiddling though.
I once lost 3 drives during the same month! Didn''t lose too much data, though. Got rid of the motherboard shortly after that )
we had the same problems pal, we lost our project files...

that should teach us a lesson, always back up your project files...

Current project: 2D in Direct3D engine.
% completed: ~50%
If your (new) harddrive fails, change the powersupply of the comp aswell, because this I believe is the most common reason why harddrives break down, a malfunctioning powersupply ruins them.

/Caminman
Whats the best way to backup the project files?
Just copy the project folder ?
The best way? Some sort of version control. SourceSafe, CVS, etc.
if the exe is a debug build, it will contain all of your code.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
if the exe is a debug build, it will contain all of your code.

Nope. It''ll contain many of the ''symbols'' - names of functions, etc - but no actual source code. Just enough info for something that *does* have the code to sync the two.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates, and when he''s not doing that, runs The Binary Refinery.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement