• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phitos

true colour textures not so true

This topic is 5538 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi fellow programmers. I have a problem with my true colour textures in opengl. I am rendering a simple plane with a true colour texture without making use of blending, lighting or anything else which could affect the colours of my texture. However when the texture is rendered a lot of coloour information is missing. It is a gradient 256 x 256 texture. The (x:0,y:0) pixel is (R:0,G:0,B:0) and the (x:255,y:255) is (R:255,G:255,B:0). When rendering with glcolor3f(1,1,1) the output is a blocky gradient texture ( pixel R,G,B value increase by 8 horizontally and by 4 vertically instead of 1:h and 1:v as the original texture). The output is the same as rendering without using glcolor3f at all. BUT !!! When rendering with glcolor3f(0.5,0.5,0.5) the output is a smooth gradient picture with gradiance similar to the truecolor texture but darker. I am rendering in a window using 24bits pixelformat. My MS-windows graphics settings are 1024*768 32bitColor (ATI radeon7000). Thanks

Advertisement
Are you sure it isn''t having to be stretched any because filtering can''t do anything on a gradient like that?

Thank you all for your interest.
It is a hardware / driver problem as i discovered latter. Running the application on a normal computer with an other grapgics card the colours where as smooth as viewing the texture with a bitmap viewer (true colour indeed).
Thank you again.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!