• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sage13

Latest Piece

This topic is 5541 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

That's the Last of the Main cast. Whew (That took a year!!!) [edited by - Sage13 on April 18, 2003 8:36:52 AM]

Advertisement
Really, really nice.. But how will he be able to use that (whoopass cool) weapon without performing Caesarean section on himself?

Btw, what project is this for?

Richard Olsson
maxed@johnbauer.org

Tech:

Oh yeah, it has. Huge learning experience all the way. Totally invaluable

Maxed: hey, that's why he kicks ass. Ark was the only man in a long ass time who was able to control the shining star. It takes such a freaking high level of skill to use. Just imagine this. The shining star is an evolved version of an Élan Arm (a living weapon) When he throws it, it spins in a flurry of light and fire, in order to grab hold of it again, he has to snatch it from the air at the right angle in order to grab the slots perfectly and catch it.

Besides his older brother Annex, Ark at the age of 16 is INSANE!
I'll definitely post the colored versions later.

heh

-~-

BTW, the project is X²

[edited by - Sage13 on April 18, 2003 4:44:00 PM]

I like this picture, a lot. You have got some great detail on there.

But can I make a few comments and suggestions?
ok then

I don''t like the way his upper body is slighty bend backwards

The weapon: have you thought about how he would actually use it?
Holding it like he currently is means it always has to face away from his body because of the size of the blades, and throwing something like this is hard. How would he store it when its not in use?

I think his six-pack abdominal muscle things look cheesy. And would look as masculine without them.

The star doesn''t look likes it is living (but I don''t know if that is important).

Sorry for being so critical.

Hey no problem, thanx for the feedback.

Yes, the star usually floats on it''s own and he only throws it out to attack. From there it is basically seek and destroy. None of the Elan arms actually ''Look'' alive. The essence of their life is based on their creation and their self-consciousness.

Essentially when the previous world existed, there were a population of lifeforms on Seda ruled by evolved beings (dreams). When the Angel Lions came to Seda, they eliminated these beings and their civilization converting all of their spiritual energies and forcing them into a realm parallel to Seda. This is the zero realm.

In this universe, the mainstream is the essence of all creation and as beings evolve (become in tune with their creative energies) they are able to tap into the creative force of the mainstream and create whatever their mind can manage.

The Élan arms are the manifestation of creative energies summoned from the Zero Realm, which is linked to the mainstream. The art of summoning Elans however is a commonly known skill because it was taught to people by the ones who first acheived such a task.

heh

I know it gets pretty heavy, but the backstory is pretty deep. I''ll forward you to the site when it''s back up so you can have a more clear explanation and visuals to follow to understand these concepts.

thanx!

-~-

quote:
Original post by maxed
Really, really nice.. But how will he be able to use that (whoopass cool) weapon without performing Caesarean section on himself?

Dude, last time I checked, guys couldn''t do C-sections!

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus

The blade pointing downards looks like it has wrong perspective on it. It looks like it''s perpendicular to the ground instead of at an angle. His right arm also looks like it has the elbow just slightly bending in the wrong direction. Otherwise it looks good.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!