• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FunkyTune

Dev-Cpp: Command string to long for command.com?

This topic is 5545 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm experiencing a rather strange problem in Dev-Cpp. When i link my project, which consist of 8 .cpp files, the compiler log gives me this:

Building Makefile: "D:\Game\PuyoPuyo\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "D:\Game\PuyoPuyo\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DXLib/Win.o ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DXLib/DDUtils.o ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DXLib/DILib.o ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DXLib/ImageLib.o ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DXLib/Sound.o ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DXLib/SpriteLib.o ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DXLib/DDLib.o Main.o  -o "PuyoPuyo.exe" -L"D:/PROGRAM/DEV-CPP/lib" -L"D:/Program/Dev-Cpp/DX7SDK/lib" -mwindows ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DX7SDK/lib/libddraw.a ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DX7SDK/lib/libdinput.a ../../Program/Dev-Cpp/DX7SDK/lib/libdxguid.a 
Felaktigt kommando eller filnamn.
Execution terminated

"Felaktigt kommando eller filnamn." is swedish for "bad command or filename" When I put the source files in folders closer to the root, so that the command string when calling g++ got shorter, it worked. I suspect the problem is because the command prompt only can swallow a certain number of characters in one command, or is it a bug in Dev-cpp? Has anyone else experienced this problem, and did you find a workaround? If so, please tell me, it's quite annoying having to move my files around all the time. I'm using Dev-Cpp 4.9.8.0, Win95 C /John [edited by - FunkyTune on April 18, 2003 2:47:49 PM]

Advertisement
Don''t install Dev-C++ in a folder whose path contains spaces. You''ll run into this very thing. Idunno if that''s your problem, but that''s the first thing I thought of...

Dev-Cpp is in "d:\program\Dev-cpp", and "dev-cpp" was the default folder name, so i assume that it can handle the '-' character... so it must be something else.
Thanks for answering so fast though.

/John

[edited by - FunkyTune on April 18, 2003 2:53:36 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!