• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steelrose

A small problem with lesson 7 in the games section

This topic is 5635 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a small problem with the lesson 7 in the games section. I downloaded the SDL version and tried to build it in VC++. I know it was meant for Linux, but i figured that it would work in VC because it was using basic system calls and none of the windows specific calls. So I load it up in a new project and when I try to compile it I come up with these errors: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\gl\gl.h(1152) : error C2144: syntax error : missing '';'' before type ''void'' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\gl\gl.h(1152) : error C2501: ''WINGDIAPI'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\gl\gl.h(1152) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found These errors occur with every .cpp file in the code. I was wondering if I shouldn''t try to load this in VC++ or if I was doing something wrong with compiling it. Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
you should include the opengl libraries...

either you add them manually to the linker in vc++ or you
type in this in the beginning of your program:

#pragma comment(lib, "opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "glu32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib, "glaux.lib")

I tried that after I got the message and I even copy/paste to the program but no joy. Any other ideas? I tried it on a linux system and it worked fine so the program works in linux. But I can''t figure out what the problem is in VC++.

Well, I did that and it seemed to compile just fine but then I get a smuck load of linker errors. And they seem to be complaining about the SDL stuff like ticktimer and such.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!