• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Basiror

Skeletal animation a few questions

This topic is 5546 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

first of all we use the standard biped for character models so my question is the biped has this main bone i think it s called pivot when i perform the transformations i need to do this for both the current frame and the next frame and then interpolate between these 2 frames by currentframe+ (nextframe-currentframe)*timeelapsed; timeelapsed is the time since the beginning of the current frame another question i have 3 meshes 1st : static mesh for 2nd : vertex positions in relation to the parent bone`s local coordinate system 3rd : more or less the drawing buffer for the final transformed mesh please correct me if there s something i am doing wrong i haven t started setting this up because i wanted to clear these aspects before wasting time on erroneous code/concept

Advertisement
make sure time elapsed is a decimal between 0 and 1

EDIT:
and I've known it to be:
current frame = (endframe - beginframe)*interpolatepercent;
EDIT1:
OpenGL Game Programming has it as:
Current frame = Initial Frame + interpolatepercent * (End - Initial). That's what I'd use.

[edited by - Shadow12345 on April 19, 2003 1:03:39 PM]

[edited by - Shadow12345 on April 19, 2003 1:06:15 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!