voice management?

Started by
-1 comments, last by tamlin 21 years ago
hello all. I''m currently putting toghether my first even implementation of DirectSound in a game, and so far i have more or less copied some code from a basic DX 8.1 SDK sample and gotten it to work in my own code, and i have managed to create sound 16 sound buffers so that several instances of one sound can play simultaneously and overlap... the problem is, however, that i''m not getting this darn so-called voice management to work. how DOES it work, anyway? as far as i know i set all the flags and everyting as they are supposed to be set ... the buffer was created with the LOCDEFER flag, i tell it that it must use hardware so that i can use the voice management flags, and when i play the sound i set flags for hardware (again, just to be sure) and also with the DSBPLAY_TERMINATEBY_TIME flag. that should be it, right? but it doesn''t work. in the SDK documentation it says that if you tell a buffer to play while it''s already playing then it just keeps on playing, but if i can''t get around that with the TERMINATEBY_TIME flag then i don''t know what i''ve missed. help, please?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement