• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eggert

IPicture code

This topic is 5544 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m new to c++ programming and have been following NeHe and GameTutorials to try and learn c++ and OpenGl (very good work NeHe). I downloaded the IPicture basecode but when I try to build it the linker comes with this message. Linking... NeHe_IPicture.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__OleLoadPicturePath@24 Debug/NeHe_IPicture.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. I´m using VC++ 5.0. Am I missing a lib file or is my ver 5.0 outdated or is this something totally else. thnx in advance Eggert Jóhannesson Kálfhól 1, 801 Selfoss ICELAND Örhugi Software

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Yes, and yes.

This is a completely random guess off the top of my head, but... try linking ole32.lib to your project.

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"

Thanks for the replies. ole32.lib is already linked and doesn''t do it.

Does anyone know if it''s possible for me to download the required lib or will I have to upgrade my VC++.(that is for this to work. I know I''ll have to upgrade it sooner than later.)

thanks
Eggert

Try olepro32.lib. I searched MSDN and it said OleLoadPicturePath was part of the olepro32.dll.

EDIT: Hmm... actually OleLoadPicture is in that lib, but not OleLoadPicturePath.

[edited by - Waverider on April 21, 2003 9:42:09 AM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!