• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anxac

Opening a saved VC++ Program

This topic is 5546 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve just started C++ and am using a book to help me learn. However, sometimes I cannot finish the certain program and of course I save it so I can complete it later. However, when I go to open it I am presented with quite a few options but only one opens the actual program layout I guess you would call it. The place where I can edit the design of it. Thing is that, I can''t edit it, it''s just there but I can''t really do much with it. I can''t use the ClassWizard for any buttons and what not. I can''t run it. Just can''t do anything. What am I supposed to do?

Advertisement
When you are working on a project with VC++ you create a "workspace" that houses that project, all of you project settings like source files, libraries to link to etc are stored in a "project" file. When oyu load up your workspace in VC++ you''ll see a list of projects down the left hand side (or only one depending on what sort of work you are doing. To reload you workspace just double-click on My App.dsw in your source directory, this will automatically load up My App.dsp (your project file) ready for you to start working.

Maybe always save the workspace and open the workspace. It''s a practice that I''ve always used for quite a while now to ensure all updates to the particular project have been updated.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!