• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UponTheEnd

Effect On TV

This topic is 5714 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was just watching TV and i saw a effect on a commerical where a round glass went across the screen on the fabric in the background and within the round glass, the fabric was large. (they were showing off its texture) I was wandering how you copy something like that if you really wanted to. like how you would go about doing it. would you check each object and see if it is in the glass area and scale it to be higher? pretty odd question hu? thanks

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
render to a texture, and the environment map it

http://developer.nvidia.com/dev_content/cg/cg_examples/pages/refract_reflect_demo.htm

Check this out...

You would want to render to texture like AP said, but not enviroment map... Instead project the texture onto the surface using gluProject.

That is, if I understood exactly what you wanted to do...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!