How to avoid going to church and Christianity discussion

Started by
1,139 comments, last by benjamin bunny 20 years, 11 months ago
Well, tomorrow's easter and my parents r gonna make me go to church :o Its been so long since I've been there and I really don't want to go. My idea of a good time isn't sitting in uncomfortable chairs and shaking stranger/old people's hands while listening to a chior sing the same songs over and over.. How can I get out of having to go (e.g. pretending to be sick; whicch I won't do because it would be too obvious).. Any suggestions? Thanks edit Changed subject to reflect topics discussed [edited by - Machaira on April 30, 2003 3:24:50 PM]
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them
Advertisement
Kiss your lucky charms it aint a catholic church... THOSE are boring!
Tell your parents your not a hypocryt. Or however you spell that word.
I think the church should make tithing (paying your 10%) mandatory. That way you''d only have people that wanted to be there attending,and not people who really don''t care, but want to give off the impression that they are a "good" person, so they go sit in a building for an hour a week with a hangover from the night before, etc.

I think we can all be in agreance that these people should just go away
How about you just STFU and go to church and be greatful. Church wasn''t meant to be a good time, its a place of worship.
Hitchhiker90"There's one bitch in the world, one bitch with many faces" -- Jay"What are you people, on dope?" -- Mr. Hand
I''m not much of a church goer myself, but my family (well, my parents and I; my siblings are too lazy) go for Christmas Day. I don''t know what your church is like, but the sermon I go to lasts only an hour (not a long time because I''m used to three hour classes), and then there''s food and drinks served afterwards. We also sing some hymns which I find fun even though I suck at singing. I''d just suck it up if I were you. It''s not that bad.
ehh I''ll just go, they have free krispy kreme doughnuts =D
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them
Fight fire with fire perhaps. Say that you don''t believe in celebrating the day of Jesus'' crucifixion. That is what easter''s about isn''t it?

Anyway, Im not christian. neva had to go to church. I have no religion, i don''t need on. all i need is fidelus - faith

Artificial entertainment- Define reality...
Cheers, comrade Kyle Evans,Artificial entertainment [Movie/Game Reviews]Contact: kyser3152@yahoo.com.au
Blow up the church.
my $0.02
I''m not sure If I''m religious... I''m not sure I subscribe to what the bible teaches. Its not like I think some of the stuff in the bible is physically impossible (I''ve come to belive that a lot of it is quite possible via listening to ctc ), but its more of a logic thing. Lots of stuff in the bible seems ''storybook'' or ''fairytail''ish. Things seem to happen in ways that are quite ineficiant (like somewhere I think it says that the first humans were made from sand. If someone had the power to do all he/she/it can do, why not just ''magically'' make humans?) But then again, maybe our idea of ''fairytail'' came from the bible and thats how things really were back then. I''m with Art Bell; I''m not sure I belive in what the bible says, but I think its possible that part of it could be true and/or something intelligent may be controlling the universe

(Just don''t flame this topic, as its a simple question, not a debate)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement