• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xtremehobo

How to avoid going to church and Christianity discussion

This topic is 5838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have God in my life. In fact, my life is devoted to God. A simple (and I mean REALLY simple) way to look at it is this:
When we die, we become a PART of the energy, and that energy IS God. And Heaven. Christ, I believe, was a manifestation of really good energy. He was compassionate to the extreme. Energy changes as it transposes to other places and things, and Christ''s energy was a rare, if not one of a kind, batch. He was God incarnated into a human vessel, in that the goodness and purity was in Him fully.

[edited by - fadilthrejk on March 19, 2002 at 4:53 AM]

Advertisement
Hmm, I''m not suffering, so does that mean that all the suffering in the world has been taken care of?

And people say Christianity doesn''t make sense. They must not have looked at all of the New Age nonsense that''s out there.

quote:
Original post by KalvinB
"OMG! I have it! Some people have red hair, therefore by your logic all people have red hair?"

You''re the only one that ever claimed all elements decay at the same rate. I certainly never did.

Ben

So what point exactly were you trying to make by quoting half lifes of a few billion years? I''m sincerely interested to know.

Machaira, you are suffering. You may not have a crippling illness or a disease or anything, but you are. You have suffering by simply existing. But since you have suffered your whole life, you cannot acknowledge it until you end it. It is like a whole planet being lifted off of your chest. That is what it''s like to me, and I haven''t completely ended my suffering yet. You exist, so you suffer. You have desires for worldly things, tangible objects. To end suffering completely, you must do many things. Ending desire for physical things is one of them. You must cultivate a desire to NOT desire, and to end others of their sufferings. Stop caring of your own self before others. You must eliminate the concept of ''friend'' and ''enemy''. You classify an enemy as one who has wronged you in some way, and you believe will wrong you in the future, I assume (as that is pretty much the definition of enemy). Don''t classify people as a friend as an enemy. Treat everyone as a friend, as an immediate family member, someone you love more than yourself. Look for the good in people, NOBODY completely lacks something that you don''t have. So in that way, they are superior to you. If a neighbor has wronged you, and hates you, and continues to wrong you, treat them with more and more love. Don''t let it get to you. If at all possible, do not retaliate, and do NOT hate him back. Do only enough, if you do retaliate, to keep yourself physically away from harm. Hate makes one sick inside, and ruins one''s mind. Your neighbor is making himself sick and corrupted, while you go on living a happy life. He is wasting his energy (not the life energy, but his physical, tangible energy) and his vehicle through this life. Do not treat anybody differently than you would treat someone you truly love. If you are going to love, don''t discriminate against your enemies; offer them love too, even if they reject it.
man, I am being really redundant here! sorry

[edited by - fadilthrejk on March 19, 2002 at 4:53 AM]

What fadilthrejk is describing is the fact that life is not paradise. In other words if heaven is a wonderful place devoid of suffering then anything not as good as heaven has at least some suffering. The good may outweigh the bad in life but there is always at least some bad. Sadness, anger, frustration, anxiety, boredom, etc.

In other words fadil's previous post is in agreement with Christianity.

~CGameProgrammer( );

[edited by - CGameProgrammer on May 1, 2003 1:55:15 PM]

quote:
Original post by fadilthrejk
Machaira, you are suffering. You may not have a crippling illness or a disease or anything, but you are. You have suffering by simply existing. But since you have suffered your whole life, you cannot acknowledge it until you end it.
It appears your definition of suffering is not the same as mine:
quote:
Dictionary.com To feel pain or distress; sustain loss, injury, harm, or punishment.
To tolerate or endure evil, injury, pain, or death. See Synonyms at bear1.
To appear at a disadvantage: “He suffers by comparison with his greater contemporary” (Albert C. Baugh).

If I don''t know I''m suffering, why would I bother to do something I might not want to in order to get rid of it? That doesn''t make any sense.
quote:
You have desires for worldly things, tangible objects.
And there''s something wrong with this? If objects, and the desire for them, become the focus of your life, yes, that''s not good, but there''s nothing wrong with desiring something.
quote:
To end suffering completely, you must do many things. Ending desire for physical things is one of them. You must cultivate a desire to NOT desire, and to end others of their sufferings.

[ sarcasm ]So I could just kill them to end their suffering? Weeee, now I can go on that killing spree everyone says games cause and be justified! [ /sarcasm ]
quote:
Stop caring of your own self before others. You must eliminate the concept of ''friend'' and ''enemy''. You classify an enemy as one who has wronged you in some way, and you believe will wrong you in the future, I assume (as that is pretty much the definition of enemy). Don''t classify people as a friend as an enemy. Treat everyone as a friend, as an immediate family member, someone you love more than yourself. Look for the good in people, NOBODY completely lacks something that you don''t have. So in that way, they are superior to you. If a neighbor has wronged you, and hates you, and continues to wrong you, treat them with more and more love. Don''t let it get to you. If at all possible, do not retaliate, and do NOT hate him back. Do only enough, if you do retaliate, to keep yourself physically away from harm. Hate makes one sick inside, and ruins one''s mind. Your neighbor is making himself sick and corrupted, while you go on living a happy life. He is wasting his energy (not the life energy, but his physical, tangible energy) and his vehicle through this life. Do not treat anybody differently than you would treat someone you truly love. If you are going to love, don''t discriminate against your enemies; offer them love too, even if they reject it.
Finally, something that I can basically agree with. Now if we could just get rid of this "God is energy, I''m energy, blah, blah, blah" New Age stuff, we might get somewhere.

quote:
Original post by CGameProgrammer
What fadilthrejk is describing is the fact that life is not paradise. In other words if heaven is a wonderful place devoid of suffering then anything not as good as heaven has at least some suffering. The good may outweigh the bad in life but there is always at least some bad. Sadness, anger, frustration, anxiety, boredom, etc.

Those things aren't necessarily suffering, at least not the normal definition of it (see above). His "heaven" is not God's heaven however. His "heaven" isn't even a place where you exist, so how could you feel anything? Also, as I said above, if we don't know we're suffering, who cares?
quote:
Original post by CGameProgrammer
In other words fadil's previous post is in agreement with Christianity.
The second part, possibly, although for different reasons. The first part, I don't think so. And his post before that, definitely not!

[edited by - Machaira on May 1, 2003 2:43:27 PM]

quote:
Machaira, you are suffering. You may not have a crippling illness or a disease or anything, but you are. You have suffering by simply existing. But since you have suffered your whole life, you cannot acknowledge it until you end it. It is like a whole planet being lifted off of your chest. That is what it''s like to me, and I haven''t completely ended my suffering yet. You exist, so you suffer. You have desires for worldly things, tangible objects. To end suffering completely, you must do many things. Ending desire for physical things is one of them. You must cultivate a desire to NOT desire, and to end others of their sufferings. Stop caring of your own self before others.
Your definition of suffering fits perfectly with the definition of suffering in Buddhism (and perhaps also in Hinduism), but definitely not Christian

Regarding that 7 creation days. I read a book and the author had a great explanation of this. It doesn''t really matter how long one day is, 24 hours or 24 million years. The question is..why did it take 7 days? If God really is powerful, creating a universe shouldn''t take 7 days. Even 1 nanosecond still not enough to describe the Almighty-ness of God. If God really is powerful, The Almighty, he created this world...instantly! puff! just like that, not even time can measure how long it took. 7 creation days is pure symbolic, not something that we should take literally. "7 days, on the seventh day we should rest. God created this universe in 24x7 hours" that''s dumb.

Current project: A puzzle game.
% completed: ~0%

quote:
Original post by neurokaotix
You guys still havn''t figured out that science is the one true religion?
Science is not religion . Science is intellectual, religion is spiritual.

Current project: A puzzle game.
% completed: ~0%

This topic is 5838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.