• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdmiralBinary

Camera/World stuff

This topic is 5633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I've draw my world n all, can I just use glRotatef and glTranslatef with the camera pos/orientation to make it...uh...work? Y'know, set the screen to the camera's pos. Just tell me if that sounds a bit vague. [EDIT:] Second thoughts, don't - just answer the damned thang [edited by - AdmiralBinary on April 20, 2003 2:11:39 AM]

Advertisement
OK thx for the reply. I''m using gluLookAt, but I dunno where to put it - in the projection matrix? Or the modelview matrix? I used to understand this shit but it''s been so long * nostalgic sigh *

Modelview. Before drawing anything, you should set the matrix to identity, and then set up your camera (using gluLookAt, or your own methods if you prefer).

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!