Linker settings in VS.NET

Started by
4 comments, last by light-nexus 20 years, 12 months ago
I would like to know where to add files to the linker settings in VS.NET. I have tried google, and MSDN, but I am not getting the info I need. In VC++ 6.0, you just went to Properties, and clicked on Project...but I'm not sure how to do that in VS.NET [edited by - light-nexus on April 20, 2003 2:17:46 AM]
[quote]The first step in overcoming your limitations is admitting that you have them.[/quote]
Advertisement
Project->Properties->Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies.

"Laughter means distance. Where laughter is absent, madness begins. The moment one takes the world with complete seriousness one is potentially insane. The whole art of learning to live means holding fast to laughter; without laughter the world is a torture chamber, a dark place where dark things will happen to us, a horror show filled with bloody deeds of violence."
-- Jens Bjørneboe
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
OK - Tried that, but there is no Properties submenu in the Project menu. It was like that in VC++ 6.0, but Microsoft had to go and change everthing once again! Hahaha, what else is new...

The submenu items in VS.NET are:

Add Class...
Add Resource...
Add New Item
Add Existing Item
New Folder
Add Web Reference
Set as Startup Project

I''ll keep looking...darned if I know where tho! []
[quote]The first step in overcoming your limitations is admitting that you have them.[/quote]
Right click on the project in the Solution Explorer then, and then Properties.

(It IS on the Project menu, though...)

"Laughter means distance. Where laughter is absent, madness begins. The moment one takes the world with complete seriousness one is potentially insane. The whole art of learning to live means holding fast to laughter; without laughter the world is a torture chamber, a dark place where dark things will happen to us, a horror show filled with bloody deeds of violence."
-- Jens Bjørneboe
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
It only shows up if you have the project selected in the solution explorer window, otherwise it is not in the Projects menu.

~
I never would have thought of that! Thanks. []

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement