• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unreal

3DS Loader Plz help

This topic is 5545 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello!!! I am making a new 3D Engine.I want to load 3DS Files for rendering.I was searching over the web to find a tutorial/Importer for 3DS files. All the 3DS Importers I found it was - I think - based on the 3DS Loader at www.gametutorials.com. And all of them have I strange thing.Somewere in the code checks the version of 3DSMAX that has create the object. And if the version is bigger than 3 then gives a warning.Why this happen? Were I can find a Loader that Loads 3DS files created with 3DSMAX 5.1? thank you!! bye!!!

Advertisement
I''ve been having this issue too, 3DS loaders that are good are hard to come by, I used some source from different places, but some of it was from a 3ds loader in the GD Showcase, thats an OK one. If you find anything great let me know.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!